Business Development Manager
Merge Architects, Inc. is searching for a Business Development Manager to design and steer the next phase of growth for this emerging business. Merge Architects, Inc. has a small but firm market presence in the market sectors of small office buildings; office, MOB, and corporate interiors; hospitality, industrial warehouse, industrial manufacturing, single-family residential and retail. Established in 2012, Merge Architects is a company founded by the former founding CEO and Design Principal of the former Proem Design-Build, Inc. Merge Architects is built on a solid foundation of sixteen years of grass roots, word-of-mouth business growth and recognizes the need for a real business development manager and comprehensive marketing strategy. We are based in Houston and San Antonio and are seeking growth in each respective city as well as the State as a whole. Our interests and eagerness for growth include developing both private and public sector relationships and opportunities for projects in each.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy that incorporates active and passive means along with accompanying budgets.
- Understand, hone, improve, and package delivery of the company’s mission and goals to the markets that are determined in the marketing strategy.
- Work individually to grow the company’s exposure and lead generation and as the company grows, this position will require management skills to build and manage a marketing team.
- Develop training and team building plans to educate and motivate the employees of the company to attain their peak performance and increase overall profitability.
- This position will include writing proposals and utilizing existing staff in locating and identifying RFQ’s for projects and determining which are the most appropriate to assign resources to maximize the potential for return on investment for each SOQ that is prepared.
- This person will be a licensed architect and be familiar and well versed in the legal and contractual obligations of various contracts in order to engage in preliminary negotiations so as to ensure that accurate promises of services can be met. This person will understand the design process and be able to share our process with simplicity and ease and be able to talk minutia if and when required.
- When required, the business development manager will conduct contract review with any given potential new client, existing repeat clients, and or design-build partner.
- Identify opportunities for recognition through awards, publication, seminars, training, and instruction opportunities.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Professional Degree in Architecture from an NCARB accredited program
- Architectural License Preferred, registered in Texas
- Preferred Bachelor in Business Administration or Marketing
- Three to five years of architectural sales or marketing experience in addition to three to five years of architectural experience in design and production
- Eager, competitive, enthusiastic personality and passion for the profession
- Able to start by or before October 1, 2015
Benefits to include health, dental and vision insurance, vacation time and 401(K)
Qualified and Interested Parties please contact Patricia Messick at email@example.com and/or 713.621.0704 to submit qualifications which will include experience and examples of success in this position and arrange for an initial interview.